The Pokemon RPG Central
I hath heardeth that doth liketh kips of the mud.

Razz

HomepageHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

General Role Play Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Konorai Kairo
Admin

PostSubject: General Role Play Rules   Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:13 pm

So many sites I have previously Role Played on were either killed by, "I taught my Pikachu how to use a bankai and use cero" Or by, "ash an misty got there pokeyballs and went 2 capshure pikashu"
I refuse to let that happen to a site such as this, so here are some rules for which you to play by.

Grammar

Please please please please PLEASE spellcheck. I know it seems to be a bother, but u wouldnt like to rp if i alwiys yped like tihs, wuld u?
No one is perfect, (no refrence to Hanna Montanna), but at least make it seem like you're a decent writer instead of the kindergartener who is just learning how to spell. It's fine to write that way if you're texting or e-mailing someone, but this isn't a text message to the other RPers, it's a part of a meant to be well written story. Some people are bothered by bad spelling, others are not, but remember, people are more inclined to Role Play with you if they know you as a good writer.

Length of Posts

No one wants to be battlng another trainer, putting their time and effort into trying to impress the other trainer by writing a long and complicated post, filled with every detail known to Role Play, only to find that the other trainer responded with a single sentance. So let's make posts a minimum of 2 paragraphs. Each paragraph must have a minimum of 4-6 sentances, and each sentance must have 6-9 words. Wow, how specific is that? But if you at least reach the minimum, I'm sure things will work out fine.

Godmodding

Oh my goodness, you won't believe how much of a problem this is. I don't even want to go into it that much. Godmodding can kill, even the best sites, as I already know. But what is this godmodding of which you speak?, you ask. Well I'm glad you asked. Godmodding is the controlling of another character or their pokemon in order to make the outcome end up being the way you want.

E.G.

Ash: I called out for Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on Gary's Jigglypuff. ( I don't know, I made it up )

Gary: Jigglypuff jumps in the air, dodging thunderbolt and kicks Pikachu upside the head, sending him flying into Ash. Pikachu's electric cheeks make contact with Ash's fingertips and they both explode and are sent flying like Team Rocket.

As you can see, Gary just godmodded by pretending he not only defeated Pikachu in one move, but also sent Ash and Pikachu flying, THIS IS GODMODDING, AND THIS IS A TICKET TO BEING BANNED. Or warned, then banned. Depends on what Arashi wants. Anyway, you've been warned, so there is no excuse for godmodding now.

And by the way, if you go on facing a trainer whom you know is several times stronger than you and you have no chance against them, just to show off, when you lose, you can't go on saying that the one who beat you godmodded, unless you have definitive proof.

Pokemon Moveset

Added By: Draco

Ok, basically, do not teach your Pokemon moves that it cannot learn. If you need to see what moves a Pokemon can learn please use this link: Serebii.net Pokedex
Simply click that link, chose the Pokemon from the several lists, and scroll down to the move section. It will show you moves it can learn including moves learned by leveling up, tm moves, hm moves, breeding moves, and Pokemon Tutor moves. YOU NEED TO RPG THE BREEDED POKEMON OR MOVE TUTOR MOVE ON THE RPG SITE, THEY CANNOT START OUT WITH THAT MOVE IF IT IS ONLY TAUGHT BY BREEDING OR MOVE TUTOR. AND DO NOT TEACH A LEVEL 1 POKEMON A MOVE THAT IT LEARNS AT LEVEL 65. BE FAIR WITH YOUR POKEMON MOVES!!!!!!

Also, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE BLEACH MOVES ON POKEMON, NARUTO MOVES, MADE UP MOVES, ETC. REAL POKEMON MOVES ONLY!!!!!!! BANNING WILL TAKE PLACE IF THIS RULE IS BROKEN!

Movesets consits of ONLY 4 moves, and if a new move is to be taught, you MUST RPG teach the Pokemon a move. Learn what the moves do and what they look like. We are not using stats on this site, so instead of describing mud-slap as this: Mudkip used mud-slap and the opponants Pokemon lost speed.
Say this: Mudkip spurted mud from its mouth, a magnificiant Mud-slap, aimed right at the opponents Pokemon. If it lands, the foe will have trouble moving.
DESCRIBE THE DARN MOVE!!!!!!!! DON'T JUST SAY THAT THE POKEMON USED IT!!!!!!

Also, I realized that my Mudkip has moves that it cannot learn, this is a Special-Case Pokemon. I obtained it by sheer luck, and it's very rare. Plus, the moveset is a big inside joke with Arashi and myself. MY MUDKIP WILL BE THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE! And even so, it's not completely cheap, and I'm a fair RPGer, so please do not complain, at least I'm telling you this now instead of keeping it a secret.

POKEMON SETS WILL NOT BE APPROVED BY MODERATORS BECAUSE THIS WOULD TAKE TOO MUCH TIME SO PLEASE FOLKS, BE FAIR. IF WE SEE ANY OF THE MOVESET RULES BROKEN, THE PROBLEM WILL END WITH POKEMONTERMINATION!!!!

Specifics
Added by: Konorai

Another problem my now dead site was killed by was the whining of the godmodders. Remember previously when I said that Pikachu's CANNOT LEARN CERO OR BANKAI? Well, most godmoders will take the rules, and search for loopholes. Well this section of the rules is about to kill all chances of finding a loophole so here goes.

Alright, let's say the rules stated that Pikachu can't learn (note the word learn) Bankai and Cero. (Both are moves from the anime "Bleach". Now, a dumb, but less guilty godmodder would see this and lose all hope for dominating the gyms with shinigami Pokemon. But a whiny godmodder would notice the word learn, as I instructed you to do earlier. Then in the profile, they'll most likely say that they're Pikachu desended from a long line of shinigami and their pets and grew up with a mutation so it can use those moves.

Once a moderator finds this godmodder and accuses them of breaking the above rule, the godmodder will 99.9% of the time, whine. A lot. And then, thinking that they're oh so clever, which they're not, they'll say that the rules said they couldn't learn bankai and cero, but a mutation isn't really learning it.

So take that you loophole searching godmodders. I, Konorai, have just removed all loopholes from the rules of this great website!

Neh...I'll add more later. Or onother mod can. xD

Last edited by Konorai Kairo on Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.animewars.darkbb.com

General Role Play Rules
Page 1 of 1