The Pokemon RPG Central
I hath heardeth that doth liketh kips of the mud.

Razz
The Pokemon RPG Central
I hath heardeth that doth liketh kips of the mud.

Razz
The Pokemon RPG Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Shoreline

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Konorai Kairo
Admin
Konorai Kairo

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 5:11 pm

I sighed again and leaned on one of the rocks that was halfway on the land, and halfway in the shallow edge of the sea. Sometimes water splashed up and crashed on the rock, slight sprinkling water on all of us. Feeling unconfortable, Chimchar, who was too tired to stand, rolled away fromt the water splashing rock, and sighed an exausted sigh. Light ignored Chimchar and continued to lay there, attempting to fall asleep.

We had already set up camp, and the Piplup twins were dancing around the fire as Ryuzaki and Beyond watched. Lee gave Treecko some of the pokemon food that he and I had made one day, and Treecko ate an entire handful in one bite. I smiled, watching everyone from the side. The shadow that had fromed from the camp fire shining on us, reflecting in my eyes had created teh perfect hideaway for Darkrai, who was still in hiding. "You know, the sun isn't out anymore." I thought. Darkrai didn't answer, and stayed in my shadow for refuge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.animewars.darkbb.com
Draco Lefrais
Admin
Draco Lefrais

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 5:46 pm

After a brief meal, Draco left his abode and headed for the beach with Ceasar and Eden in their Pokeballs, resting. The sunset was perfect. A golden light covered the sky, and the sea breeze made Draco feel clensed and fresh. He hated wearing shoes, so he walked barefoot on the beach, hands in his pockets, playing with the few spare coins that were the change from buying the Dr. Pepper he drank. He had his purple RayBand Sunglasses on, and he squatted down by the shoreline waiting for the sun to fully set.

Thinking to himself, "Gotta go get my first badge tomorrow." Excited, but confident in himself, Draco was ready for the next day. He sat, quietly thinking to himself. The sound of voices distracted him from the the sun that was licking the sky with its golden light. He stood up and walked over to the rocks near the ocean, and saw a group of people relaxing on the shoreline. "Is that a Darkrai?! Only have I ever heard of the legend of that Pokemon. How did you manage to obtain such a rarity?"
Back to top Go down
Konorai Kairo
Admin
Konorai Kairo

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 5:52 pm

Lee and I turned to the person who seemed to have noticed Darkrai. As we turned, the sun set behind us, and the only illumination was the city lights from behind and our campfire. Ryuzaki and Beyond were too entranced with watching the Piplups interact to notice. Light, Chimchar, and Treekco were already asleep.

"I'm wondering how you managed to see Darkrai-san." I answered the person. His comment left me remembering how we came across Darkrai. It was pretty painful to remember, but we trudged through it, and Darkrai now trusted us. But now wasn't the time for flashbacks. Right now, it was time to deal with this person, who had the familiar expression of a rookie trainer.
Back to top Go down
Draco Lefrais
Admin
Draco Lefrais

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:00 pm

"Ha, I guess it's my families legacy. I'm the nephew of the Elite 4 Lance. We come from a long line of trainers who take care of rare Pokemon, and I guess I noticed it because I do my research." Noticing that the girl seemed to become a bit ticked after he acknowledged Darkrai, Draco walked confidently foreward, thinking to himself - This girl seems to be giving me a look of unimportance, she is undercrediting my ability. - "I too was given rare Pokemon, but I'm sure mine are harder to come by than your Legendary."

He stoped infront of the Girl, bowing as to introduce himself, "My name is Draco Lefrais, and I am a Pokemon Trainer. I see that your Pokemon are exhausted, is that because their trainers don't train them properly? Or maybe, they aren't that strong yet?" He examined the other Pokemon and snickered to himself as if they were meaningless.
Back to top Go down
Konorai Kairo
Admin
Konorai Kairo

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:07 pm

I twitched at the response. This person was underestimating us, just as I underestimated him. "Lance's nephew hm?" I answered. "Well then, Draco," Lee continued. "I think that you are a little behind. Lance is no longer a part of the Elite 4." Lee slightly smirked as he said this.

By that time, the Piplups were watching with serious expresssions on their faces. Ryuzaki and Beyond also stared at Draco. "Come on, you said the sun wasn't out, I believe you now, let me hurt this guy." Darkrai pleaded in my mind. "Calm down. You'll get your chance." I answered him with my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Draco Lefrais
Admin
Draco Lefrais

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Laughing at the girl's stupidity Draco smirked, "Child please, Lance is not part of Sinnoh's Elite 4, but trust me, he is still a member of the Elite 4 in another land where Pokemon roam. You obviously do not know of the other Pokemon lands, how unexperienced. My family spreads their genes throughout all the 4 pokemon regions. Lance belongs to the Kanto Elite 4." Draco was amused by the girls stupidity, and was just about to leave.

"The only interest you have to me, is that Darkrai that follows you around. Why does he do that, is it because you captured him? The Great Darkrai, captured by an unexperienced girl. HA! That's pathetic, I guess I can scratch him off my list of powerful legendary Pokemon." He started to walk back to the shoreline because the group proved to be naive and young.
Back to top Go down
Konorai Kairo
Admin
Konorai Kairo

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:21 pm

"You idiot. Haven't you heard about the accident that happened to Lance?" I twitched again. This boy would say things before hearing the whole story. Not to mention I pretty much hated him already. I could tell, Darkrai wanted to hurt this person, but I couldn't let anything happen, I didn't want to start anything.

On the inside, I smirked slightly, even though I was upset. I knew something about the accident that no one else knew. But it would soon become apperant to this one trainer, or at least I hoped it would. It was times like this where I erally did want Darkrai to take his anger out. But as I had pondered before, I couldnt do that. "The accident, everyone's heard about it. He's no longer in the Elite 4 because of it, and they say he could die any day."
Back to top Go down
Draco Lefrais
Admin
Draco Lefrais

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:28 pm

"Yes I heard about the accident he had with he Gyrados, but he has stabalized, and is on his way to recovery. I'm his nephew, of course I knew that you baboon!" He was amused by this girl, and new she wanted to hit him in the face, but couldn't resist teasing her. "If it's a Pokemon battle you seek, then please, bring it on, but don't think I'm gunna go easy on you. My Pokemon are well trained, and, well, different. So don't think I'll let you win just because you are a girl, that is if your up for the challlenge."

He backed away from her, and pulled out two pokeballs. He started spinning them around his fingers, ready for his opponent to answer him. The sun was completely gone, but the city lights illuminated the beach well enough to see a battle, so he wasn't afraid of the dark. Plus, the water was on his right side, which would play into his strenghth.
Back to top Go down
Konorai Kairo
Admin
Konorai Kairo

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:36 pm

As the sun set behind me, my serious face swtiched into a smile. Darkrai floated out from my shadow, gaining more power from the darkness around us. "Fine then." I answered, still smiling. Darkrai eyed the opponant. "It's been a while since we've had a battle." Dakrai told me mentally. "I know. This will be a good time to try out our new stratagy." I answered him with my mind. He nodded and floated in front of me. "Well, let's battle."

OOC: Battle music:

Back to top Go down
Draco Lefrais
Admin
Draco Lefrais

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:50 pm

"Since you are using your Darkrai, I will use both my Pokemon. Let's see if he can keep up with their attacks. Go! Ceasar, Eden, show'em what you got!" Out from one pokeball sprang a Mudkip, oddly colored. Purple was its skin where blue should have been, and light pink for its tail.

The Mudkip glistened when it was released from the pokeball, and landed with grace and power. The second pokeball released an oddly colored Budew with a purple breast plate instead of a light green one. It too glistened by the ocean, and the water seemed to strenghten both of the two Pokemon. Draco started the battle off, "Cesar, use Water gun, and Eden, follow up with a tackle!"
Back to top Go down
Konorai Kairo
Admin
Konorai Kairo

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:57 pm

I made a single hand signal and Darkrai became transparent, all the previous attacks missing. The water from water gun splashed into the ocean. I made another signal and Darkrai balled up energy in his hands.

The Shoreline DarkraiMovie_DarkVoid

The sphere divided into two and Darkrai hurled them at the two Pokemon. If it was dodged and hit the floor, it would spread to engulf the trainer instead. Of course, I didn't say that. I watched to see the outcome of this move.
Back to top Go down
Draco Lefrais
Admin
Draco Lefrais

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Noticing the movement of the attack, Ceasar quickly Jumped infront of Draco and used Protect, surrounding the trainer and the two pokemon in a sphericle defense. The attack refracted off the protect sheild. "Hurry, counter with a stun spor Eden!" Draco exlaimed, and the Budew relesed a wide spread of powder that was projected to cover all of the opponents. "Ceasar, follow up the stun spor with a lock-on!" (Lock-on is a move that targets the opponent's Pokemon, and allows for the next attack to hit).

A sparkle gleamed in the eye of the Mudkip, and a sharp high-pitched tone rang through the air until the sparkle subsided. The Darkrai was being lock-on to.
Back to top Go down
Konorai Kairo
Admin
Konorai Kairo

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 8:08 pm

"Darkrai! Lock-on reverse!" I shouted. It wasn't a move, rather, a strategy. Darkrai nodded and slipped into The Mudkip's shadow. The next attack then aimed for Mudkip. I smirked a little, once more as I watched Darkrai take his place in the other's shadow. "Alright..." I muttered.

"Are you sure this will work?" Darkrai asked mentally. His voice was poisoned with doubt. "Yes. Just trust me." I answered with my mind. Darkrai didn't respond, instead, he just took a steady position in the shadow.
Back to top Go down
Draco Lefrais
Admin
Draco Lefrais

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 8:22 pm

The stun spore settling now, Draco noticed that the opponent's Darkrai likes to move in the shadows. Since the Darkrai was still locked-on to, Draco had to think of a way to get rid of the shadow, but have Darkrai still get hit by the attack. He thinks "this lock-on reverse is probably something that will make my own Pokemon hurt itself. The only was to get rid of Ceasar's shadow would be to have it attack from the air though?"

Draco quickly formed a strategy in his head and figured out the perfect attack. "Eden let Cesar jump on your back, then you jump in the air under the light of the city, and Ceasar, Jump off Eden's back and use Sheer Cold!" In a swift motion, the Mudkip jumped on the Budew's back, and they both went airborn in the light cast by the city. When Budew was up as high as it could jump, Mudkip took off its back and Jumped ended up twice as high in the air. Using Sheer Cold at Darkrai and Konorai, Mudkip released a huge blast of absolute zero coldness. Since the Lock-on was still in place, this move was sure to hit one of the two foes dead on to produce a OHKO. (sheer cold is a one hit KO move btw).
Back to top Go down
Konorai Kairo
Admin
Konorai Kairo

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 8:32 pm

Darkrai crossed both arms in front of himself, then took the hit while staring back at me. "I told you it wouldn't work..." he told me telepathicly. "Shut up. We're both iritable now. You'll get your chance after the battle." I answered him. Instead of fainting, he retreated back to my shadow. He would have been stronger if it hadn't been for the fact that he'd hadn't cursed any pokemon or humans in while. I had also forgotten to "feed" him on the way to Sunyshore, and we weren't expecting a battle, not to mention that neither of us were in the best of moods.

It was then that he decided to force his will over mine through my shadow. "Konorai, you know what to do..." he trailed off. I nodded and simply passed Draco, going back into the city. "Sorry about that." I apologized telepathicly. "Don't apologize, just get somewhere secluded." he answered. I scowled back and proceeded into the streets.
Back to top Go down
Draco Lefrais
Admin
Draco Lefrais

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 9:20 pm

Letting her pass by, acknowledging that she will be a worthy adversary one day, Draco let her leave. He withdrew Cesar and Eden, and turner around to face the girl leaving. The sand crunching between his two, Draco smirked and said, "Your Darkrai is strong, I look foreward to a battle in the future. But what is your name? So I can remember you as a rival worth a future battle?"

He stood there in silence and waited for a response from the girl with the Darkrai.
Back to top Go down
Konorai Kairo
Admin
Konorai Kairo

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 9:35 pm

I didn't even bother to answer Draco at the moment. I gripped my right and tightly and continued to pass him into the streets. Darkrai sighed and trudged through, staying in my shadow as if it was a part of him, and over time, it had become just that. Lee almost went after me, then decided it would be best to leave me alone.

The piplups continued to watch as a left, then they returned to their trainers. Light was still sound asleep, the battle didn't bother him at all. The same went for Treecko and Chimchar, who, even though they were clashing type match ups, got along just fine. I sighed one more time before turning a corner into the streets of the city.
Back to top Go down
Draco Lefrais
Admin
Draco Lefrais

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Draco disregarded her rudeness, and simply let it slide by. She was of unimportance to him, and he had more pressing matters to care about and attend to. He needed to train then rest for his battle at the first gym tomorrow. But first, he will return to his house to enjoy some Oreos and a cold Dr. Pepper.
Back to top Go down
Arashi Momochi
Admin
Arashi Momochi

001-Squirtle
The Shoreline Starly

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:12 am

ooc: And now for a little input on the battle: Mudkip can learn neither Sheer Cold or Lock-on btw. But I'm actually going to allow it for this battle because the strategy you used between your pokemon was impeccable, and I think you did deserve a victory for the battle. The way in which you used your attacks I would not consider as god-modding at all. However you are unfortunately no longer permitted to use either move. I think though that even without them you will be able to develop winning strategies with Mudkip's movesets.

ooc: Konorai, you also battled very well and had great strategies and I think you will do well as a trainer in later battles. I think you deserve to have Darkrai because you never once used his status as a legendary to become super powerful. Instead you focused on strategies rather than moves, which I think makes you an excellent trainer.

ooc: Overall the two of you performed excellently and I'm proud to have you as my admins. Both post length and spelling were perfect, and the battle focused on strategy rather than who had stronger moves and who could dodge most often. I look forward to meeting both of you in battle (once I actually get around to rp-ing). This was a great example of what a battle should look like, and if in fact every battle does look like this, then I have great hope for the future of this site!
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonrpgcentral.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

The Shoreline Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shoreline   The Shoreline Empty

Back to top Go down

The Shoreline
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pokemon RPG Central :: Creation Area :: Sinnoh :: Sunyshore City-
Jump to: